What is VoIP?
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is a revolutionary technology that takes analogue audio and turns it into digital data that can be transmitted over the internet.
VoIP can turn a standard internet connection into a place to make FREE PHONE CALLS (within our network). Use VoIP to make internet phone calls and you can bypass your phone company (and its charges) entirely.
— one local number + one extension
— 2000 free local minutes
— 120 national minutes
$20 per month
For all calls over the included free minutes the following charges apply:
3c per min for local calls
6c per min for national calls
28c per min for mobile calls
Webtastix VoIP will do all the technical work so you can make a call in one of the following ways...
— The simplest way to make a VoIP phone call is through the use of ATA's (analogue telephone adaptor) sometimes called gateways. These devices enable you to make use of your existing standard analogue phones. Just plug your standard handset into the ATA (gateway) then connect the ATA to your internet connection (router or switch) enabling you to make and receive VoIP calls. An ATA takes the analogue signal from your standard phone and turns it into a digital signal ready for transmission over the internet.
We recommend the Linksys ATA's and we offer them for purchase fully configured to operate on the Webtastix network.
— These handsets look just like normal standard handsets. They have an RJ45 Ethernet connector instead of the standard RJ11 connectors. These phones have all the necessary software and hardware to handle VoIP calls already built in. They connect directly to your router, providing a very fast and cost effective entry into the world of Voice Over IP.
Computer to Computer
— This is the easiest way to make use of the VoIP technology. The only cost is the monthly charge from Webtastix, and your monthly internet fees. All you need is a microphone, speakers, some special software and broadband.
Optional Extra costs:
- Linksys PAP2T — allows you to connect up to TWO analogue phones to our network (requires extra extension for second phone). We can provide fully configured PAP2T's for $120. (optional)
- Linksys VoIP phones (ex-leased). We have a limited number of these available to rent for $10 per month. (optional)
- Extra extension $1 per month. (optional)
- G.729 Codec support. Perfect for low bandwidth devices such as 3G mobile devices - $30 (one-off cost). Check your device supports this before purchasing. (optional)
- Extra phone number - $12 per month (includes extra extension and an extra 2000 local minutes.) (optional)
If you have any questions or would like to sign up please contact us or use the live support link below.
All prices are in NZ dollars.
Already have a website? Webtastix will do all the technical work for you, including domain transfer, file transfers, database transfers etc.